Catching the light

I photographed my huge Russian sage (although not a native plant, it seems to pop up everywhere), on two different days over the weekend- and what a difference a day makes.

Here is Saturday’s photo.

20140724-DSC_1919_melinda_anderson-Edit

And here is Sunday’s!  I have to give my husband credit for this one. He looked out the window while we were watching TV (still binge-watching Damages!), and exclaimed over the light in the clouds. While he paused the TV, I ran out and captured this one before the light changed.

20140727-DSC_2067_melinda_anderson-EditBoth photos are textured with Kim Klassen’s textures- golden and waterfront11 on the first, 1301 on the second.

Linking up with Texture Tuesday today.

1. Beautiful, so I guess I need a husband to find the light for me, you have him trained well there.

July 29, 2014 at 4:39 am

2. Wow, what a difference! The second one looks sinister but very striking! The first one is calming and dreamy…a wonderful contrast.

July 29, 2014 at 6:13 am

3. Both images are beautiful, but I am particularly drawn to the warmth of the 2nd one. Well done on both!

July 29, 2014 at 7:44 am

4. I love Russian sage and that second photo is gorgeous!

July 29, 2014 at 8:07 am

5. Gorgeous! I love the soft white light in the first image and the golden light in the second.

July 29, 2014 at 12:03 pm

6. Such romantic shots – really lovely! 🙂

July 30, 2014 at 9:41 am

7. Caz

Both are beautiful ! I’m binge watching Damages too, thanks to your recommendation :))

July 30, 2014 at 10:09 am

8. Absolitely gorgeous. The second photo is wonderful with the glorious color.

July 30, 2014 at 12:20 pm

9. Melinda, I’m so in love with this! Your Russian sage is gorgeous, as is the backdrop and your processing! I’ve been away for awhile, and also follow you from my WP site here, and it’s good to be back again and joining in with Kim! Enjoy a beautiful weekend!

July 31, 2014 at 2:11 pm