Lost- and FOUND!

This week I was going through my antique dental cabinet and discovered some seashells that I hadn’t seen since the move to Arizona.  I had always kept my father’s shells from his tour in the Pacific in World War II in the cabinet, but didn’t realize that MY small collection had been put in there too.  I KNEW they would turn up somewhere!  I have photographed the little green one before, but felt compelled to shoot it again, because, well,  I was just so happy to see it again! So the shells are this week’s Friday Find.

shells1_layout shells2_layout

And, of course, here is a black and white version.

bw_shells_layout

1. How crazy cool you have these of your Dad’s, love the processing as I have said before you do such a wonderful job at b/w’s.

August 29, 2014 at 5:34 am

2. Lovely details and composition of your shells. Shells make great photo subjects. How wonderful to have a collection of your Dad’s.

August 29, 2014 at 5:42 am

3. Beautiful set of images! I can’t decide which I like best…your black and white conversions are perfect. I like the texture layers in the first four, but think the aperture in the fourth makes it my favorite. Enjoy the day!

August 29, 2014 at 6:40 am

4. Great finds. I love it when I stumble across forgotten treasures.

August 29, 2014 at 9:52 am

5. You’ve done very stunning shots from your great finds!
    I like them.
    Frauke from Germany

August 29, 2014 at 10:56 am

6. So happy to hear you found your shells! They are so beautiful, dreamy and have lovely details. They would make a lovely wall print series.

August 29, 2014 at 12:19 pm

7. Caz

Beautiful images, they would make wonderful prints !

August 29, 2014 at 1:41 pm

8. Lorena

great texture work!

August 29, 2014 at 2:46 pm

9. Oh, I do love seashells! That green one is such a treasure, really nice. The mosaics are beautifully done, too.

August 29, 2014 at 3:17 pm

10. Great shots! I bet you were thrilled to find them again. Happy Friday!

August 29, 2014 at 4:23 pm

11. Those shells are so pretty, Melinda, love how you captured the details !
    Lovely collage … and the b&w is gorgeous too !
    Enjoy the weekend,