Shot with my Lensbaby Velvet 56
Spring is here- so I’m continuing on with flowers today. Here is a lensbaby daisy photo in black and white. I recently updated Lightroom and decided to use one of the new “artistic profiles” for this image. I’m not thrilled with where they have placed these in the adjustment panel (or even that they are IN the panel. . .), but I do like the improved ability to preview changes- and also adding Dehaze to the basic panel (where it belongs!).
A little Alaska photo art for you today!
Here are yesterday’s gerbera daisies- this time in black and white.
Intention has continued to be a hot topic of discussion with my photo group this week. I think shooting flowers with intention is perhaps not what we all had in mind, but, since I was taking photos of gerbera daisies, that was where I practiced. I did not make a list of words as was suggested, but I did have the words nostalgia and vintage in mind when I shot and edited this photo. Looking at it afterward, I realize I should/could have used a vintage container for the flowers- but I was thinking simple too, I guess. As usual, I did stray in my other flower photos (you’ll see another shot tomorrow)- so I’m not sure this is the best method for me.
I had a spare half hour and went back to some of my tulip photos from February. Being a Gemini, I sometimes seem to have a split personality when it comes to my edits.
Here are some soft and dreamy tulips:
And these, I think, are more dramatic:
I like each for different reasons. How about you?
My beautiful Valentine’s Day tulips are fading, so I took the time to trim stems and take a few Lensbaby shots.
No, these images aren’t lensbaby- they’re in camera multiple exposures!
Here is another version of my yellow daisy/sunflowers with almost the same edit as yesterday.
You might not recognize these, but they some of the wildflowers/weeds growing in the dirt pile from across the street!
In January, a sign went up in the empty lot across the street from us, indicating a new home was going to be built. Soon, dirt and rocks were dumped along the sidewalk, a sure indication that grading was going to be taking place on the property. Eight and a half months later, no more work has been done.
We may not have new neighbors, but new life is appearing in those piles of dirt, thanks to the monsoon rains. Wildflowers have sprouted, their cheerful heads reaching toward the sky- in contrast to the images of sunflower decay I’ve been posting!
These beautiful flowers stopped me dead in my tracks as my friend, Carol and I entered the restaurant where we had lunch in San Francisco. We both ended up taking a few photos- the flowers were so gorgeous! We ended up photographing them from different angles- and edited them in ways that were opposite from each other, as well as opposite of our usual styles. Carol’s photo is an impressionistic rendering- and mine is more of a standard photo, edited for clarity. It’s as if we switched styles!
As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve been trying some different photoshop techniques. Here is a very different take on my chamomile macro from the other day!
Here’s a closer view of some of the chamomile I’ve used in my still life shots in the last week.