Still Life in the Morning

The other morning, I was reading the paper and drinking coffee, when I noticed that the coffee cup and newspaper made a pleasing composition.  I started to pick up my iPhone, but then thought- Hmmm, if I pull the plant over a bit and get some strawberries it will look even better.  I quickly made an arrangement, snapped ONE photo, edited it in Snapseed, uploaded it to instagram, and then continued to drink my coffee and read the newspaper (and ate the strawberries . . .). If only I could have still life composition ideas come to me that easily all the time!

I was about halfway through my coffee, when I thought of getting out my Nikon and taking the photo again.  After all, one of the BeStill 52 prompts was cuppa.  I got out more strawberries and tried to duplicate my iPhone photo- trickier than it sounds, considering focal length, depth of field etc.

So here are some Sunday morning stills, quickly taken.  All have two layers of Kim’s grunge texture added.

20140831-DSC_3736_melinda_anderson-Edit20140831-DSC_3754_melinda_anderson-Edit20140831-DSC_3748_melinda_anderson-Edit

And here is the original iPhone photo.

Photo Aug 31, 9 08 00 AMLinking up today with Texture Tuesday.

1. Really nice. I especially like the last one, both the composition and the processing.

September 2, 2014 at 5:20 am

2. I love ALL these! Nice inspiration to simply shoot my breakfast table items. Thank you!

September 2, 2014 at 6:45 am

3. I can’t believe you did all of that in Snapseed, just one drop dead image such depth in this little image from the iPhone. Loved it on IG and even better here larger. Wonderful in every way, just WOW love love love it.

September 2, 2014 at 6:57 am

• Melinda

Yes- just Snapseed! One of their filters under Grunge I think , but I’m not sure. And I think One of the Brights under Drama. Wish it was always this easy and quick!

September 2, 2014 at 7:22 am

4. These are all lovely, Melinda! But my favorite has to be the last one. Something about it calls my name. You’ve shared some beauty with us today, thank you!

September 2, 2014 at 7:53 am

5. All beautiful images, Melinda! You are inspiring me!

September 2, 2014 at 8:04 am

6. Beautiful images! I love that last one – so like a painting.

September 2, 2014 at 1:07 pm