Beyond Beyond- Day 18 Mixed Bag

Kim presented a mixed bag of Lightroom and Photoshop tips, as well as some iPhoneography tricks.

Here is my grandmother’s sewing basket (decluttered!) and with some of her mother’s buttons in the foreground- and her darning egg.  I desaturated the image and then added the kk_desert texture, which did a great job of masking the scratches on my old dining room table by adding new ones from the texture.

20May2013-1287-Edit

I don’t usually do much with my iPhone photos.  I use the camera when I don’t have my regular camera, and I do edit them in Snapseed and PicTapGo- but then they tend to stay on my phone or go straight to Facebook.  I decided that I would use an iPhone image for this blog post, so took a shot of flowers by my doctor’s office.  I loved the tip Kim gave us about adding a black and white filter in PicTapGo and then fading the adjustment to just slightly desaturate the image.  However,  I went with a punchier edit, because it was the bright colors that attracted me to the flowers in the first place.  I cropped in Snapseed and played with the Bright adjustment in the Drama filter- but ended up just leaving that alone.  In PicTapGo, I warmed up the image a bit, added some “crispity-ness”, and then went full strength with color burn. And here we are!

yellow flowers

1. Like the button photo very much.

May 24, 2013 at 6:56 am

I like the buttons and thread.

May 24, 2013 at 11:30 am

3. I must get back to Kim’s class. I have so much catching up to do. I love the sewing basket and button shot. Lovely and the scratches just add to the feel, both the real scratches and the KK ones. Nice job.

May 27, 2013 at 6:52 am

4. Love the garden of sunshine and bright colors! The sewing basket is soooo special – and such a magnificent layout and tones! Beautifully done! Seen in 2B

May 29, 2013 at 3:25 pm

5. Beautiful photos!! The colors on the flowers are so pretty!

May 30, 2013 at 7:10 pm

6. Love both images, nicely done.

May 31, 2013 at 10:25 pm