Buzzing

We don’t seem to have many birds in our yard right now. The hummingbirds are gone, and there are just ravens and some little mystery birds flitting here and there. But we do have bees and wasps. . .

21Oct2013-6809-Edit

I desaturated this photo, because I didn’t find the colors pleasing, and then added a bit of split toning in Lightroom.  Because it is Tuesday, I added one of Kim Klassen’s textures, 1301 (a favorite of mine), which I also desaturated.  If you go to kimklassencafe.com, you will find links to some beautiful images using her textures.

1. Looks so nicely turned into a b/w love the focus on the bee.

October 22, 2013 at 9:52 am

2. I love these macro shots! So much detail in the bee. Very nice. About all that’s left in our area are the yellow jacket wasps, and we must guard our drinks outside since there’s not much other nectar for them! Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving such a nice comment. I really appreciate it.
    Visiting from Texture Tuesday.

October 22, 2013 at 9:57 am

3. Gorgeous shot and love the way you edited it! I’m visiting from Kim’s.

October 22, 2013 at 10:03 am

4. Viv

Wow what a great image, love your Autumn pictures. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Sedona is truly a lovely place have you visited Jerome and the old gold mine there? A great photo op with lots of lovely old cars .

October 22, 2013 at 11:59 am

5. Beautiful! The desaturation gives your image an aged feel. So lovely.

October 22, 2013 at 1:03 pm

6. Wonderful capture, Melinda !
    Lovely tones and texture work !
    Nice week,