Sunny and Cold

The sun came out for awhile last weekend, but it was still cold as I ventured out to my studio (AKA garage) for a photo session. I opened the garage door for natural light, set what was left of my latest Trader Joe’s bouquet on some bead board, and had fun with my Edge 80 for as long as I could stand the cold. I tilted the lens down and to the left, focusing on the scissors for this shot. I liked the result and added texture to the image for Texture Tuesday.

20150111-DSC_0897_melinda_anderson-EditAnd here is the same photo with a black and white conversion.20150111-DSC_0897_melinda_andersonHappy Tuesday!

1. jane helliwell

These look like those Japanese scissors? I have some from Niwaki? They are very good! Jane

January 13, 2015 at 3:31 am

2. I see I need to pull out the Edge 80 and play, love the focus Melinda

January 13, 2015 at 5:04 am

3. It looks like you’re really getting the hang of that lens, baby! Nice job. I love them both although the second probably gives more of a feeling of the cold!

January 13, 2015 at 7:31 am

4. Love your still life especially the black and white so soft…

January 13, 2015 at 7:56 am

5. Both are so pretty, hard to choose which I like better. And do you know what? I don’t have to. Why not enjoy them both?

January 13, 2015 at 9:05 am

6. I love the depth of field. Both are beautiful…

January 13, 2015 at 9:09 am

7. I am glad I found your blog..Beautiful pics..I am saving up for a Lens Baby the composer..It has been cold and gray here..I bought myself cut flowers last week to shoot with and have been using my patio as a work station, weather permitting, lol 🙂

January 13, 2015 at 9:09 am

8. Both images are beautiful! Lovely color in the first and wonderful drama in the B&W image.

January 13, 2015 at 1:00 pm

9. Very beautiful! I love using the Edge 80 and need to get it out more again!

January 13, 2015 at 4:10 pm

10. Thank you for sharing your image. I had forgotten that I have an older lens baby…now where did I place it! Ahhh too many choices. But you made a great one.

January 15, 2015 at 9:22 am