Citrus

I’m attempting to do a bit of catch-up on my lessons from BeStill and The Studio.  The first image is for Lesson 33 in BeStill52 (and for Texture Tuesday).  The assignment was to create a still life using lemons or other citrus fruit, create a bit of a story, and include varying heights.  Well, my story is that lemons were being sliced (you can invent the rest. . .).

20150125-DSC_1550_melinda_anderson-EditThe image below is for Texture Tuesday (no real props, no varying heights, and no story).

20150125-DSC_1566_melinda_anderson-EditBoth photos were edited with textures from Kim Klassen’s Cloth and Paper collection.

1. Melinda… these are FAB…. the top one is alike a painting…. Beautiful done…. have a lovely week…xo, Kim

January 27, 2015 at 5:17 am

2. oops.. that should have been…like a painting…. beautifully done.
    perhaps I’m half asleep…. xo

January 27, 2015 at 5:18 am

3. LOVE the top one with the touch of colors in the linen, the wood background just makes everything pop. Gorgeous focus on the second one…the lemon color is perfect!

January 27, 2015 at 6:08 am

4. Yes! that top one is like a painting for sure! I had to giggle at your “story” because that’s how I felt too 🙂 I haven’t got mine done yet …

January 27, 2015 at 6:20 am

5. Top one is my favorite also. I really like the varying heights of props to tell the story.

January 27, 2015 at 7:16 am

Beautiful! That still life would have cost you $8.00 in Wisconsin!

January 27, 2015 at 7:54 am

7. Roxanne

How beautiful these images are! Love the painterly look of the first one and the “march of the lemons” in the second

January 27, 2015 at 8:29 am

8. Beautiful! Love the dark and warm tones in your images.

January 27, 2015 at 2:03 pm

9. dcrinehart

Beautifully done! I’ve yet to do the citrus. But the more citrus photos I see, the closer I get. I like the top one best.

January 27, 2015 at 5:18 pm

10. oh these are wonderful! love the visual triangle you’ve created in the first shot. stunning composition and edit!

January 27, 2015 at 7:11 pm

11. I love dark moody images so much and this is just top rate, wonderful images Melinda.

January 28, 2015 at 6:25 am