My Friday Flower

Happy Mother’s Day weekend!

I bought a bouquet of white gerberas yesterday. When I got home I discovered this bright pink one tucked away between the others. Sweet!

20150507-MMA_4808_melinda_anderson 20150507-MMA_4809_melinda_andersonLinking up with Friday Finds today.

1. I love that, that happened with the one pink gerbera made for a sweet story and find.

May 8, 2015 at 5:36 am

2. So simple, so calm, so zen … love!

May 8, 2015 at 6:21 am

3. What a lovely surprise! I love the color. And that bucket is wonderful.

May 8, 2015 at 10:51 am

4. MaryAnn

I smile at the story this photo “tells” me. “Hello world! Hello new friends! I am the PINK one. I can stand alone, with no apology necessary for being alone, I am proud to be as pretty and perfect as I am. Quite frankly, I rather enjoy this lovely, homey pot and the light from the white wall behind me, which is perfect to show off my simple form and lovely color.” It seems to me to be a cheeky and happy gerbera 🙂 (We always called these, Transvaal Daisies, but I don’t think that’s how most people know them).

May 8, 2015 at 10:57 am

5. MaryAnn

P.S. The diagonal structure gives this photo a lot of “life,” too. And the intersecting lines on the pot, the wall and the table are a nice contrast for the petals and circular forms of the flower, even though we KNOW the pot is round, it’s only implied in this photo, so the circular form of the flower really stands alone. There’s a saying in surface design (art quilts which are my sideline): “Color gets all the glory, but other elements do all the work,” of making the piece interesting, powerful, or engaging. Well done Melinda!!

May 8, 2015 at 11:04 am

6. stampncml@comcast.net

yep yep , very nice !

May 8, 2015 at 6:47 pm

7. It’s so pretty and I love it against the grey…perfect pot for it…curious about it standing all by itself in such a large opening..very creative.

May 10, 2015 at 6:58 pm